The mission of the Snowmass Capitol Creek Caucus is to preserve the rural character of our unique valleys, to protect their ecosystems, and to foster communication and participation within our community. To accomplish this, the Caucus:
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive Master Plan for the valleys.
- Monitors and protects the fragile riparian ecosystems of Snowmass Creek, Capitol Creek, their sources and tributaries.
- Provides input to Pitkin County and other government bodies.
- Promotes our historic rural character.
- Protects water rights in the Caucus area.
- Disseminates information to Caucus members.